The team of Welwitschia Insurance Brokers would to thank all our partners, customers and friends for the kind birthday wishes.
On 12 November 2014 Welwitschia Insurance Brokers is turning 30 years old. This is indeed a milestone for the company and all its stakeholders.
- Welwitschia Versekeringsmakeraars was established in 1984.
- During 1997 BW Holdings Ltd took decision to diversify its operations from banking to insurance broking business.
- On 31 March 1998, BW Holding Ltd acquired 100% of shares in Welwitschia.
- Subsequently, 22% were sold to Nam-mic Financial Services Holdings (NFS).
- As a result, Nam-mic Brokers, a wholly owned subsidiary of NFS, merged with Welwitschia Independent Insurance Brokers to form Welwitschia Nammic Insurance Brokers (Pty) Limited (WNIB).
- On 31 October 2011 Nammic Financial Services Holdings sold its 22% interest in WNIB to Bank Windhoek Holdings(BWH). WNIB consequently became a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank Windhoek Holdings.
- After a stringent consultative process the new name and brand identity of Welwitschia Insurance Brokers (WIB) was launched on 1 Nov 2013.
Our Current Business
We specialise in all types of corporate, commercial, SME, marine, aviation and personal short-term insurance. The company is truly Namibian with reputable experts in short-term insurance. We are pro-active in ascertaining client needs and offer professional advice in line with the client’s risk profile. We are client-focused and service-oriented and do not pay lip service to diversity. We value our business relationships and go the extra mile for clients and in doing so, we constantly try to improve our processes and client service.
Diversity goals are further ingrained in the corporate culture of our company and reflected in the balanced profile of our staff complement of over 80 employees. The Group’s corporate governance structures are stringent and remains a high priority. We strongly believe that ethical behaviour is determined by the character of our people and the way business is conducted throughout the Group.
We are the only broker house in Namibia that boasts a comprehensive branch network to ensure that we bring services directly to the communities where we operate. You will find us at the following towns in Namibia:
- Windhoek: Head office, Personal-, Commercial- and Aviation Branches
- Walvis Bay
At Welwitschia Insurance Brokers we believe in our staff and our clients and together we make a formidable team.
Listen to a K7 radio interview (in Afrikaans) with Riaan Vermeulen, our Managing Director:
Welwitschia Insurance Brokers
49 Rehobother Street, Windhoek
Tel.: +26461-284 3111
Fax.: +6461-284 3239
Why go direct if you can ask Welwitschia Insurance Brokers to provide you with:
- Professional insurance advise;
- Take time to understand your insurance requirements;
- Test the market and find present you with multiple quotations;
- Help you to find the right insurance cover for you;
- Simplify the fine print;
- Process your insurance application with the insurer of your choice;
- And, in the event of a claim:
- Assist you with the paperwork;
- Ensure that you claim is registered and provide you with the claim reference number;
- Engage with your insurance company to make sure your claim receives prompt attention
- Regularly keep you informed of the progress of the claim
Our business culture is based on our Professional Service Values of Professionalism, Competency and Innovation. Our staff are friendly and helpful and have empathy with our clients.
Insurance is all about protection. Safeguarding your business, your family or yourself should something unexpected happen. It’s one of the wisest investments you’ll ever make.